Title: Kokoro and Wallaby
Published: Approximately December 1998 in Game-jin
Kokoro Kosaka, a 16-year-old high schooler, visits her school after a classmate of hers, Akira Warabi, died. She leaves a stuffed wallaby that she made in his memory by his old desk. When she is about to leave the classroom, the doll starts talking to her and she runs away in fear.
None, since this is the first chapter.
- Kokoro making a stuffed animal in home economics class.
- Kokoro thinks the school is haunted because the doll she made starts talking, a reference to stories where something is inhabited by the soul of a deceased person.
- Who the other members of Warabi's family were.
- Why Kokoro thinks that the English teacher Chiyama should die.
- In this chapter, it is left unmentioned why the stuffed animal can speak and move, and who it really is.
- Kokoro remembers Warabi after his sudden death.
- When the stuffed animal that Kokoro made starts talking and moving, freaking her out.