Title: 2 February
Published: Approximately April – May 2002 in Dengeki Daioh
Previous Chapter → 39
Next Chapter → 41
- Study session
- Grand appearance
- Chiyo's dad
- How rude
- Identity revealed
- Combine forces
- Instant reflexes
- Okay, not really
- Wedge (N.)
- All I can do
- Sports university
- Shining bright
- No good
- Don't open it
- Backup failure
- If it gets hurt
- Tomo and Osaka's big day
- Genius power
- She lives
- Losing streak
- All together
- Exams are hard
- Osaka sleeps under the kotatsu with the Chiyo-chichi plushie as a pillow again.
- Chiyo-chichi said earlier that Sakaki would eventually find a real cat. In this chapter, where he meets Maya in Osaka's dream, he asks him "Are you a real cat?"
- When praying for her friends' good luck, Chiyo uses Osaka's method of breaking chopsticks that she bought just for the occasion.
- Earlier, Kagura asked Nyamo about sports universities, and here, she reveals to her teachers that she got accepted by one.
- It was revealed that Chiyo helped Osaka with her studies, which is why Osaka wants Chiyo to look at her school results with her.
- Early on we found out that Sakaki wanted to be a veterinarian. She has now applied for a veterinary school.
- Tomo and Osaka ask Chiyo to recharge the good luck charms she gave them before.
- Chiyo-chichi says "吾輩は猫である Wagahai wa Neko de Aru" which translates to "I am a cat". Wagahai wa Neko de Aru is the title of the famous first novel of legendary author Soseki Natsume, written in 1905.
- According to Osaka, Chiyo-chichi looks like the former (and rather unpopular) Japanese prime minister Yoshiro Mori.
- Osaka, Tomo and Chiyo-chan discuss architectural wedges, sometimes seen on shrine gates.
- How Chiyo-chichi could show up in Osaka's dream and talk about his daughter going to America, like in Sakaki's dreams.
- What kind of schools Osaka, Tomo and Yomi applied for.
- At the end of the chapter, it is still not answered if Yomi got into any schools.
- Osaka's dream about Chiyo-chichi.
- Kagura is, surprisingly enough, the first to get accepted into college – more specifically, a sports university.
- Osaka and Tomo get accepted into the same college, though Yomi does not succeed.
| Hello, every-nyan. How are you? Fine, thank you.
| — Chiyo-chichi (to Osaka) [in English]
| Your face looks sorta familiar. Like … Prime minister Mori …
| — Osaka (to Chiyo-chichi)
| WE'LL SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT IF I RIP THAT TONGUE RIGHT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH, THEN!
| — Chiyo-chichi (to Osaka)
| And so, the time has come … for everyone to take their exams … which means all I can do for them is pray. [starts splitting chopsticks]
| — Chiyo
| But this school … was my backup in case I failed outta the others.
| — Osaka (after failing an entrance exam)
| So, if you were a vet … Would you even fix up beetles 'n' stuff?
| — Osaka (to Sakaki)
| Don't worry, Yomi! You'll definitely pass the next one … I think!
| — Tomo
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.